How it Works
You've shopped online, listened to music, why not workout?
It's simple to find, select, and take classes. Membership fees and administration fees do not exist here. Select the class you want to take and pay for it. Order your workouts a la carte. We won't sell you shakes or coaching. Get in shape at your own pace with your own motivation.
We will continue to take advantage of advances in technology to deliver a great class to you. High Definition classes are coming soon.
To get a primer on how to hook up your device (laptop, Ipad etc) to your flat screen tv. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HINaC-Fe6A
The at-home fitness experience has the flavor of the studios, gyms, and in-class experience. Here is what to expect:
The Streaming Experience:
The Selection and Purchase Process
Classes can be purchased individually or you can purchase credits. When credits are purchased you don't need to bother with credit card information each time you want to take a class.
If you have any questions, need some help, or have a comment, please either go the discussion board or the help page. You can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO CONNECT TO A TV:
There are many ways to connect a computer to a TV. The most basic is through cables. Those I have described below. However, there are new wireless ways to do this as well. Those of you that have those, I am thinking that you bought them and you know how to use them :). For the rest of us, the cables are the way to go.
HDMI is the most basic and simplest connection. HDMI carries both video and sound.
I have a 10 foot HDMI cable that cost about $10.00 at the local Best Buy, Radio Shack etc. I have seen no difference in the quality of a $10.00 cable and one that costs $50.00. This should work for both MAC and PC. You will need to go into your computer’s control panel to tell the computer it is allowed to share the picture and sound. It should be under “hardware and sound”. On the TV, select “INPUT” to HDMI. Once you do this for the first time, it takes a minute to make the connection. Very easy and well worth the learning. Taking these classes on the big screen makes a big difference.
The other connections are a DVI, VGA or S video connection. Looks something like this. This is where the video comes over one connection and the sound on another. For video, which is the common connection? Look at your computer, then look at your TV and identify which connection you have on both. Again, cables are not that expensive and are available at most local stores like Walmart, Target, Best Buy, etc. For audio, you must identify the audio out on your computer and the audio in on your TV. Most computers have a single (earphone like plug) headphone out and most TVs have the red and white connections for audio in. Some TVs also have just an single audio in. Just get the cable that is appropriate for your set-up.
Tips for Working Out at Home
Working out at Home is such a convenience. With these tips from fellow members, we hope that you can get a great workout. Please submit any additional tips you have and we will add them.
1) Workouts should be done in an adequate space to provide full range of motion for your entire body. Be aware of your environment before attempting a class. Classes such as Cardio Dance or On the Ball may be best performed on a hard wood floor if possible, but I have a Berber rug, and have a great time. Any equipment used on the floor should be tested first to make sure it stays in place and does not move when pressure is applied such as a STEP, bike, Bosu or a yoga mat..
2) Keep in mind that the instructor cueing the class does not see your environment and cannot make necessary recommendations.
3) Have a filled water bottle a towel, etc at hand. If you leave your workout area to get water or anything additional, you may get distracted and not come back.
4) You are working out at home, have fun, try something you wouldn’t have if you were in class. GO FOR IT! If you can't get the steps, make up your own. Join again when you can get them. If you are taking an on-demand class, you can try it over and over for 24 hours. I got Liz's steps by going back again. I am a pro now.
5) DISTRACTIONS - BALANCE. You are working out at home because of the convenience. If the phone rings...and you don't have to take it, DON'T. Don't give in to temptation. If you were at the gym, you wouldn't hear it. However, there is a balance. If you are working and taking some time to workout and need to be reached, pause your workout within 24 hours.
6) Be Careful!. Get a great workout but be careful Have a phone nearby, just in case.
TIPS for setting up the perfect place to work out from home: